- •Adherence to daily care by pediatric CF patients can be a challenge.
- •Increased daily ACT in school was associated with fewer pulmonary exacerbations.
- •Unique collaboration between CF care center and schools improved adherence.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cystic fibrosis: pathophysiology of lung disease.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2019; 40: 715-726https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1694021
- Background and Epidemiology.Pediatr Clin N Am. 2016; 63: 567-584https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pcl.2016.04.001
- CFTR modulator therapies - Effect on life expectancy in people with cystic fibrosis.Paediatr Respir Rev. 2022; 42: 3-8https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prrv.2020.05.002
- Cystic fibrosis pulmonary guidelines: airway clearance therapies.Respir Care. 2009; 54: 522-537
- Airway clearance techniques for cystic fibrosis: an overview of Cochrane systematic reviews.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019; 1CD011231https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD011231.pub2
- Objective measures of vest therapy adherence among pediatric subjects with cystic fibrosis.Respir Care. 2020; 65: 1831-1837https://doi.org/10.4187/respcare.07421
- Adherence to treatment in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis: a cross-sectional, multi-method study investigating the influence of beliefs about treatment and parental depressive symptoms.BMC Pulm Med. 2015; 1543https://doi.org/10.1186/s12890-015-0038-7
- Objective versus self-reported adherence to airway clearance therapy in cystic fibrosis.Respir Care. 2019; 64 (Feb): 176-181https://doi.org/10.4187/respcare.06436
- Longitudinal association between medication adherence and lung health in people with cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2011; 10: 258-264https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2011.03.005
- Strategies to optimize treatment adherence in adolescent patients with cystic fibrosis.Adolesc Health Med Ther. 2016; 7: 117-124https://doi.org/10.2147/AHMT.S95637
- School-based supervised therapy programs to improve asthma outcomes: current perspectives.J Asthma Allergy. 2018; 11 (Aug 29): 205-215https://doi.org/10.2147/JAA.S147524
- Standardization of spirometry 2019 update. An official American thoracic society and european respiratory society technical statement.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019; 200: e70-e88https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201908-1590ST
Minitab, LLC (2020). Getting started with Minitab 20. www.minitab.com.
- Adherence to nebulised therapies in adolescents with cystic fibrosis is best on week-days during school term-time.J Cyst Fibros. 2013; 12: 440-444https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2012.12.012
- School nurse asthma program reduces healthcare utilization in children with persistent asthma.J Asthma. 2018; 55: 1131-1137https://doi.org/10.1080/02770903.2017.1396473
- Effects of a supervised, outpatient exercise and physiotherapy programme in children with cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2012; 47: 1235-1241https://doi.org/10.1002/ppul.22587
- Effect of pulmonary exacerbations on long-term lung function decline in cystic fibrosis.Eur Respir J. 2012; 40: 61-66https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00159111
- Exacerbation frequency and clinical outcomes in adult patients with cystic fibrosis.Thorax. 2011; 66: 680-685https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.2011.161117
- Factors associated with FEV1 decline in cystic fibrosis: analysis of the ECFS patient registry.Eur Respir J. 2014; 43: 125-133https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00166412
- Progressive damage on high resolution computed tomography despite stable lung function in cystic fibrosis.Eur Respir J. 2004; 23: 93-97https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.03.00006603
- Impact of CFTR modulator use on outcomes in people with severe cystic fibrosis lung disease.Eur Respir Rev. 2020; 29190112https://doi.org/10.1183/16000617.0112-2019
- The demographics of adverse outcomes in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2019; 54 (Suppl 3): S74-S83https://doi.org/10.1002/ppul.24434
- Objective measurement of adherence to out-patient airway clearance therapy by high-frequency chest wall compression in cystic fibrosis.Respir Care. 2017; 62: 920-927https://doi.org/10.4187/respcare.05349