- •The exocrine pancreatic function of people with cystic fibrosis (pwCF) does not significantly influence the absorption and exposure of ivacaftor.
- •The use of pancreatic enzymes in pancreatic insufficient pwCF does not change the absorption and exposure of ivacaftor.
- •Dosing recommendations as mentioned in the SmPC for ivacaftor can be maintained independent of the exocrine pancreatic function.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cystic Fibrosis
- Efficacy and safety of the elexacaftor plus tezacaftor plus ivacaftor combination regimen in people with cystic fibrosis homozygous for the F508del mutation: a double-blind, randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2019; 394: 1940-1948https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(19)32597-8
- Elexacaftor–Tezacaftor–Ivacaftor for cystic fibrosis with a single phe508del allele.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1809-1819https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1908639
- Lumacaftor–Ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis homozygous for phe508del CFTR.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 220-231https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1409547
- Tezacaftor–Ivacaftor in residual-function heterozygotes with cystic fibrosis.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 2024-2035https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1709847
Kalydeco. Summary of Product Characteristics. Available online: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/productinformation/kalydeco-epar-product-information_en.pdf.
Orkambi. Summary of Product Characteristics. Available online: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/productinformation/orkambi-epar-product-information_en.pdf.
Kaftrio. Summary of Product Characteristics. Available online: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/productinformation/kaftrio-epar-product-information_en.pdf.
Symkevi. Summary of Product Characteristics. Available online: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/productinformation/symkevi-epar-product-information_en.pdf.
- Pharmacokinetic interactions between ivacaftor and cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors in people with cystic fibrosis and healthy controls.J Cyst Fibros. 2021 Sep 20; (e72-e76)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2021.04.005
- Biochemical assessment of the nutritional status of cystic fibrosis patients treated with pancreatic enzyme extracts.Am J Clin Nutr. 1998; 67: 912-918https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/67.5.912
- Tezacaftor-Ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis homozygous for phe508del.N Engl J Med. 2017 Nov 23; 377: 2013-2023https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1709846
- PKSolver: an add-in program for pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data analysis in Microsoft excel.Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2010; 99: 306-314https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2010.01.007
- Maldigestion associated with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency: implications of gastrointestinal physiology and properties of enzyme preparations for a cause-related and patient-tailored treatment.Am J Gastroenterol. 1995; 90 (PMID: 7661155): 1383-1393
- Impact of elexacaftor/tezacaftor/ivacaftor on vitamin D absorption in cystic fibrosis patients.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2022 Mar 57; : 655-657https://doi.org/10.1002/ppul.25781
- Persistent recovery of pancreatic function in patients with cystic fibrosis after ivacaftor.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020 Dec 55; : 3381-3383https://doi.org/10.1002/ppul.25065
- Impact of CFTR modulation on intestinal pH, motility, and clinical outcomes in patients with cystic fibrosis and the G551D mutation.Clin Transl Gastroenterol. 2017 Mar 16; 8 (e81)https://doi.org/10.1038/ctg.2017.10
- Time for a gut check: pancreatic sufficiency resulting from CFTR modulator use.Pediatr Pulmonol. Aug 2019; 4 (5): E16-E18https://doi.org/10.1002/ppul.24353
- Causal evaluation of acute recurrent and chronic pancreatitis in children: consensus from the Insppire group.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2017; 64: 95-103https://doi.org/10.1097/MPG.0000000000001446
- Reduction of recurrence risk of pancreatitis in cystic fibrosis with ivacaftor: case series.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2018; 66: 451-454https://doi.org/10.1097/MPG.0000000000001788
- Energy balance and mechanisms of weight gain with ivacaftor treatment of cystic fibrosis gating mutations.J Pediatr. 2018; 201 (e4): 229-237https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2018.05.018