- •Transplanted CF females are at higher risk of HR-HPV infection than non-CF females.
- •Transplanted CF females have high frequencies of abnormal cervical cytology.
- •HR-HPV prevalence in non-transplanted CF females seems similar to non -CF females.
- •Non-transplanted CF females have high frequencies of abnormal cervical cytology.
- •Cervical cancer screening and prevention should be promoted among females with CF.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cystic Fibrosis
Vaincre la Mucoviscidose. French Cystic Fibrosis Registry - Annual data report 2020. Registre français de la mucoviscidose – Bilan des données 2020. Published online January 2022. www.registredelamuco.org
- Human papillomaviruses.IARC Monogr Eval Carcinog Risks Hum. 2007; 90: 1-636
- The etiologic role of HPV in vulvar squamous cell carcinoma fine tuned.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009; 18: 2061-2067https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-09-0209
- High proportion of abnormal pap smear tests and cervical dysplasia in women with cystic fibrosis.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2018; 221: 40-45https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejogrb.2017.12.005
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical dysplasia in adult female cystic fibrosis (CF) lung transplant recipients.Thorax. 2022; (Published online February 4thoraxjnl-2021-218461)https://doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2021-218461
- Prevalence and genotypes of HPV in female renal transplant recipients in North India.Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2014; 33: 537-542https://doi.org/10.1097/PGP.0b013e3182a54ada
- Anogenital malignancies in women after renal transplantation over 40 years in a single center.Transplantation. 2012; 93: 914-922https://doi.org/10.1097/TP.0b013e318249b13d
- Cancer risk following organ transplantation: a nationwide cohort study in Sweden.Br J Cancer. 2003; 89: 1221-1227https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6601219
- ECFS best practice guidelines: the 2018 revision.J Cyst Fibros. 2018; 17: 153-178https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2018.02.006
- IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, Volume 90, Human Papillomaviruses: This Publication Represents the Views and Expert Opinions of an IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, Which Met in Lyon.IARC, 2007 (15 - 22 February 2005)
ANAES (Agence nationale d'accréditation et d’évaluation en santé). Conduite à tenir devant une patiente ayant un frottis cervico-utérin anormal. Actualisation. Recommandations pour la pratique clinique. Published online Paris 2002.
- Conduite à tenir devant une femme ayant une cytologie cervico-utérine anormale.Institut National du Cancer (INCa, 2017 (Published online)
Collège National des Gynécologues et Obstétriciens Français(CNGOF). Prévention du cancer du col de l'utérus. Recommandations pour la pratique clinique. Published online 2007.
- Human papillomavirus testing in primary screening for the detection of high-grade cervical lesions: a study of 7932 women.Br J Cancer. 2001; 84: 1616-1623https://doi.org/10.1054/bjoc.2001.1845
- Difference in overall and age-specific prevalence of high-risk human papillomavirus infection in Italy: evidence from NTCC trial.BMC Infect Dis. 2013; 13: 238https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2334-13-238
- Prevalence of type-specific HPV infection by age and grade of cervical cytology: data from the ARTISTIC trial.Brit J Cancer. 2008; 98: 1704-1709https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6604324
- Prevalence of type-specific human papillomavirus infection among women in France: Implications for screening, vaccination, and a future generation of multivalent HPV vaccines.Vaccine. 2012; 30: 5215-5221https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2012.06.013
- Patterns of persistent genital human papillomavirus infection among women worldwide: A literature review and meta-analysis: Meta-Analysis of HPV Persistence.Int J Cancer. 2013; 133: 1271-1285https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.27828
- Population-based organized cervical cancer screening pilot program in France.Eur J Cancer Prevent. 2018; 27: 486-492https://doi.org/10.1097/CEJ.0000000000000365
- Diagnoses and outcomes in cervical cancer screening: A population-based study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 105-113https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2004.01.043
- Differential cellular expression of cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator in human reproductive tissues. Clues for the infertility in patients with cystic fibrosis.Am J Pathol. 1994; 144: 906-914
- Infertility and abnormal cervical mucus in two sisters who are compound heterozygotes for the cystic fibrosis (CF) DeltaF508 and R117H/7T mutations.Fertil Steril. 2008; 90 (1201.e19-22)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2007.08.063
- The extrapulmonary effects of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator modulators in Cystic Fibrosis.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2020; 17: 147-154https://doi.org/10.1513/AnnalsATS.201909-671CME
- Skin cancer and (pre)malignancies of the female genital tract in renal transplant recipients.Transpl Int. 2010; 23: 191-199https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-2277.2009.00975.x
- Human papillomavirus types in 115,789 HPV-positive women: a meta-analysis from cervical infection to cancer.Int J Cancer. 2012; 131: 2349-2359https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.27485
- Cervicovaginal HPV infection in female renal transplant recipients: an observational, self-sampling based, cohort study.Am J Transplant. 2015; 15: 723-733https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.13053
- Human papillomavirus type 16 and immune status in human immunodeficiency virus-seropositive women.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003; 95: 1062-1071https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/95.14.1062
- Sexual behaviour and smoking as determinants of cervical HPV infection and of CIN3 among those infected: a case-control study nested within the Manchester cohort.Br J Cancer. 2000; 83: 1565-1572https://doi.org/10.1054/bjoc.2000.1523
- [HPV vaccination is still difficult to implement].Med Mal Infect. 2014; 44: 289-291https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medmal.2014.07.005
- Human papilloma virus vaccination among female patients attending French pediatric Cystic Fibrosis centers.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2021; 34: 317-323https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2020.12.004
- Impact of human papillomavirus-related genital diseases on quality of life and psychosocial wellbeing: results of an observational, health-related quality of life study in the UK.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 1065https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-13-1065
- Cancer risk among lung transplant recipients with cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibrosis. 2017; 16: 91-97https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2016.07.011
- Cancer risk in cystic fibrosis: A 20-year nationwide study from the United States.JNCI. 2013; 105: 122-129https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djs481
- Contraceptive practices and cervical screening in women with cystic fibrosis.Hum Reprod. 2015; 30: 2547-2551https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dev217