- •We report 3 cases of congenital cataracts in children exposed to ETI in utero.
- •In 2 of the cases, ETI components were detected in breast milk.
- •In all 3 cases known factors for congenital cataracts were not identified.
- •In all 3 cases cataracts were small and did not affect vision.
- •We suggest children exposed to ETI in utero are systematically tested for cataracts.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Elexacaftor-tezacaftor-ivacaftor for cystic fibrosis with a single phe508del allele.N Engl J Med. 2019 Nov 7; 381: 1809-1819
- Efficacy and safety of the elexacaftor plus tezacaftor plus ivacaftor combination regimen in people with cystic fibrosis homozygous for the F508del mutation: a double-blind, randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2019 Nov 23; 394: 1940-1948
Annual Report | Cystic Fibrosis Foundation [Internet]. [cited 2022 Jul 6]. Available from: https://www.cff.org/about-us/annual-report
- Measured fetal and neonatal exposure to Lumacaftor and Ivacaftor during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.J Cyst Fibros. Nov 2018; 17: 779-782
- Drug exposure to infants born to mothers taking Elexacaftor, Tezacaftor, and Ivacaftor.J Cyst Fibros. 2021 Dec 22;
- Maternal and fetal outcomes following elexacaftor-tezacaftor-ivacaftor use during pregnancy and lactation.J Cyst Fibros. May 2021; 20: 402-406
- Outcomes of pregnancy in women with cystic fibrosis (CF) taking CFTR modulators - an international survey.J Cyst Fibros. Jul 2020; 19: 521-526
- Ivacaftor withdrawal syndrome in cystic fibrosis patients with the G551D mutation.J Cyst Fibros. Mar 2018; 17: e13-e16
ivacaftor prescribing information [Internet]. [cited 2022 Jan 25]. Available from: http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_ivacaftor.pdf
ORKAMBI prescribing information: ORKAMBI® (lumacaftor/ivacaftor) tablets, for oral useORKAMBI® (lumacaftor/ivacaftor) oral granulesInitial U.S. Approval: 2015.
- Global prevalence of childhood cataract: a systematic review.Eye (Lond). Sep 2016; 30: 1160-1169
- Recent developments in the management of congenital cataract.Ann Transl Med. 2020 Nov1545; 8
- Drug-induced ocular side effects: clinical ocular toxicology.7th ed. Saunders, 2015
- Ivacaftor in infants aged 4 to <12 months with cystic fibrosis and a gating mutation: results of a 2-part phase 3 clinical trial.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2020 Oct 7;