- •Horace Dobell described a recognizable picture of cystic fibrosis in 1872.
- •His description included lung disease, steatorhea, and familial recurrence.
- •He actually treated the steatorhea with a pancreatic extract.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cystic fibrosis of the pancreas and its relation to celiac disease - a clinical and pathological study.Am J Dis Child. 1938; 56: 344-399
- First description of cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2021; 20: 183
- Lectures on the germs and vestiges of disease, and on the prevention of the invasion and fatality of disease by periodical examinations.John Churchill, London1861: 142-163
- A fourth report of cases of consumption treated with pancreatic emulsion of solid fat: at the royal infirmary for diseases of the chest.Lancet. 1866; 88: 542-544
- On the special action of the pancreas on fat and starch.in: 1868: 209-213
- On the use of pancreatic emulsion in the wasting diseases of children.Practitioner. 1872; 9: 234-242
- Richmond Louisville Medic J. 1873; 15: 203-212
- A hundred and fifty years ago. Pancreatic emulsion in the wasting diseases of children.Practitioner. 2018; 262: 29
- Das Coeliakiesyndrom bei angeborener zystischer Pankreasfibromatose und Bronchiekatasien.Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift. 1936; 27/28: 753-756
- Historical changes in the objectives of the periodic health examination.Ann Intern Med. 1997; 127: 910-917
- Physiological basis of cystic fibrosis: a historical perspective.Physiol Rev. 1999; 79: S3-22