- •AET successfully clears Pseudomonas aeruginosa in most individuals.
- •Whether this translate in clinical benefits is less clear.
- •Eradication of Pseudomonas aeruginosa improves lung function trajectories.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cystic fibrosis.The Lancet. 2016; 388: 2519-2531
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. 2018 Patient registry annual data report. Cystic fibrosis foundation patient registry 2018 annual data report. 2018;92.
- Future trends in cystic fibrosis demography in 34 European countries.Eur Respiratory J. 2015; 46: 133-141
- CFTR, Mucins, and Mucus in Cystic Fibrosis.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 30: 587-595
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa and other predictors of mortality and morbidity in young children with cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2002; 34: 91-100
- Effectiveness of a stepwise Pseudomonas aeruginosa eradication protocol in children with cystic fibrosis.J Cystic Fibrosis. 2017; 16: 395-400
- Eradication of early P. aeruginosa infection in children <7 years of age with cystic fibrosis: the early study.J Cystic Fibrosis. 2019; 18: 78-85
- Treatment of early Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in patients with cystic fibrosis: the ELITE trial.Thorax. 2010; 65: 286-291
- Comparative efficacy and safety of 4 randomized regimens to treatearly.Arch Pediatric Adol Med. 2011; 165: 847-856
- Comparative efficacy and safety of 4 randomized regimens to treat early Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in children with cystic fibrosis.Arch Pediatric Adolescent Med. 2011; 165 (Sep): 847-856
- Initial Pseudomonas aeruginosa treatment failure is associated with exacerbations in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol [Internet]. 2012; 47 (Feb [cited 2022 Jun 6]Available from:): 125-134
- Clinical outcome after early Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in cystic fibrosis.J Pediatrics. 2001; 138: 699-704
- Progression of lung disease in preschool patients with cystic fibrosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 195: 1216-1225
- The effect of early Pseudomonas aeruginosa treatment on lung function in pediatric cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2011; 46 (Jun): 554-558
- LCI response to acquisition and eradication of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in children with CF.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020; 55 (North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, October 2020, Phoenix, USA (virtual conference). Pediatr Pulmonol., 48(S36): S471): S38-361
- Effectiveness of inhaled tobramycin in eradicating pseudomonas aeruginosa in children with cystic fibrosis.J Cystic Fibrosis. 2014; 13: 172-178
- Multi-ethnic reference values for spirometry for the 3-95-yr age range: the global lung function 2012 equations.Eur Respiratory J. 2012; 40: 1324-1343
- Comparative efficacy and safety of 4 randomized regimens to treat early Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in children with cystic fibrosis.Arch Pediatr Adolescent Med. 2011; 165 (Sep): 847-856
- Clinical outcomes after initial pseudomonas acquisition in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2015; 50: 42-48
- Impact of sustained eradication of new pseudomonas aeruginosa infection on long-term outcomes in cystic fibrosis.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 61: 707-715
- Antibiotic treatment of initial colonization with Pseudomonas aeruginosa postpones chronic infection and prevents deterioration of pulmonary function in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 1997; 23: 330-335
- Factors influencing the acquisition and eradication of early Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros [Internet]. 2021 Jan 1; 20 ([cited 2022 Jun 28]Available from:): 8-16
- Phenotypes of rapid cystic fibrosis lung disease progression during adolescence and young adulthood.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017 Aug 15; 196: 471-478https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201612-2574OC.PMID: 28410569