- •Partners of women with CF are not routinely involved in SRH care or discussions.
- •Partners of women with CF want to discuss SRH concerns with CF care teams.
- •Partners may serve as key supports for women with CF and may coproduce interventions to optimize CF SRH care.
Abbreviations:CF (cystic fibrosis), SRH (sexual and reproductive health), HEMT (highly effective CF modulator therapies), STI (sexually transmitted infections)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Patient Registry.Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda, Maryland2021
- Cystic fibrosis program directors' attitudes toward sexual and reproductive health in young women with cf.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016; 51: 22-27
- Provider attitudes and practices toward sexual and reproductive health care for young women with cystic fibrosis.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2017; 30: 546-552
- Exploring the reproductive decision support needs and preferences of women with cystic fibrosis.Contraception. 2021; 103: 32-37
- Sexual and reproductive health behaviors and experiences reported by young women with cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2017 Aug 1; (pii: S1569-1993(17)30832-9[Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2017.07.017
- Sangi-Haghpeykar H. who's responsible? correlates of partner involvement in contraceptive decision making.Women's Health Issues. 2010; 20: 254-259
- Factors influencing partners' involvement in women's contraceptive services.Contraception. 2012; 85 (Epub 2011 Jun 11): 83-90https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2011.04.018
- Pregnant women's perspectives on intendedness of pregnancy.Womens Health Issues. 1997; 7 ([PMID: 9439199]): 385-392
- Fertility considerations and attitudes about family planning among women with cystic fibrosis.Contraception. 2019; 100: 228-233
- Perceived partner fertility desires and influence on contraceptive use.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2017 Aug 29; ([Epub ahead of print]): 1-6https://doi.org/10.1080/13625187.2017.1361529
- Factors associated with effective contraceptive use among a sample of latina women.Women Health. 2008; 85: 83-90
- Young adult's contraceptive knowledge, norms and attitudes: associations with risk of unintended pregnancy.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2012; 44 ([PMID: 22681426]): 107-116
- Sexual and reproductive health care utilization and preferences of adult women with cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020; 55: S95
- Sexual and reproductive health care utilization and preferences reported by young women with cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2018; 17: 64-70
- Perspectives of adolescent girls with cystic fibrosis and parents on disease-specific sexual and reproductive health education.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2018; 53: 1027-1034https://doi.org/10.1002/ppul.24015
- Failure to conceive in women with cf is associated with pancreatic insufficiency and advancing age.J Cyst Fibros. 2019; 18: 525-529
- Oncofertility: a grand collaboration between reproductive medicine and oncology.Reproduction. 2015; 150: S1-S10https://doi.org/10.1530/REP-15-0163
- Integration of partners of young women with cancer in oncofertility evidence-based informational resources.Cancer Med. 2020; 9: 7375-7380https://doi.org/10.1002/cam4.3377
- An evaluation of oncofertility decision support resources among breast cancer patients and health care providers.BMC Health Serv Res. 2019; 19: 101https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-019-3901-z
- How do couples and spouses/partners consider fertility preservation decisions during cancer treatment planning? a qualitative analysis of dyadic decision making.J Psychosoc Oncol. 2021; 39: 268-284https://doi.org/10.1080/07347332.2020.1836546
- A randomized controlled evaluation of an educational resource to address fertility concerns after cancer.Psychooncology. 2021; 30: 1442-1448https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.5703
- Preventive services received by adolescents with cystic fibrosis and sickle cell disease.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 27-32
- Sexual and reproductive health in cystic fibrosis: a life-course perspective.Lancet Respir Med. 2015; 3: 70-86
- Exploring provider attitudes and perspectives related to men's health in cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2022; S1569-1993 (Jan 5Epub ahead of print): 02176-02177https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2021.12.016
- Improvement in contraceptive coverage and gynecological care of adult women with cystic fibrosis following the implementation of an on-site gynecological consultation.Contraception. 2020 Mar 1; 101: 183-188
- Couples and reproductive health: a review of couple studies.Stud Fam Plann. 1996; 27: 291-306
- A review of supportive interventions targeting individuals or couples undergoing infertility treatment: directions for the development of interventions.J Sex Marital Ther. 2016; 42: 515-533
- An analysis of the concept of partnership in the couples undergoing infertility treatment.J Sex Marital Ther. 2016; 42: 243-256
- Reproductive coercion: connecting the dots between partner violence and unintended pregnancy.Contraception. 2010; 81: 457-459