- •Polymicrobial infections in people with cystic fibrosis are common.
- •Optimal treatment strategies for polymicrobial infections are not known.
- •Antibiotic treatment for all known endobronchial infections may not be needed.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cystic Fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbations.J Pediatr. 2006; 148: 259-264
- Exacerbations in cystic fibrosis. 1: epidemiology and pathogenesis.Thorax. 2007; 62: 360-367
- Effect of pulmonary exacerbations on long-term lung function decline in cystic fibrosis.Eur Respir J. 2012; 40: 61-66
- Impact of recent pulmonary exacerbations on quality of life in patients with cystic fibrosis.Chest. 2002; 121: 64-72
- Characterization of inpatient cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbations.Pediatrics. 2017; 139e20162642
- Cystic fibrosis pulmonary guidelines. Treatment of pulmonary exacerbations.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180: 802-808
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Cystic fibrosis foundation patient registry 2020 annual data report. Bethesda, MD: cystic fibrosis foundation. 2010. Available at: https://www.cff.org/medical-professionals/patient-registry.
Ahern S, Salimi F, Caruso M, et al. The Australian Cystic Fibrosis Data Registry Annual Report 2020. Available at: https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.au/getmedia/48959812-1c8b-4f7f-b7e5-cbc36f172d3d/ACFDR-2020-Annual-Report.pdf.aspx.
- Changing epidemiology of the respiratory bacteriology of patients with cystic fibrosis-data from the European cystic fibrosis society patient registry.J Cyst Fibros. 2020; 19: 376-383
- The impact of incident methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus detection on pulmonary function in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2008; 43: 1117-1123
- Persistent methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus and rate of FEV1 decline in cystic fibrosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 178: 814-821
- Association between respiratory tract methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus and survival in cystic fibrosis.JAMA. 2010; 303: 2386-2392
- Long term follow up of changes in FEV1 and treatment intensity during Pseudomonas aeruginosa colonisation in patients with cystic fibrosis.Thorax. 1998; 53: 732-737
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa and other predictors of mortality in young children with cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2002; 34: 91-100
- Recent advances in the treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in cystic fibrosis.BMC Med. 2011; 9: 32
- The cystic fibrosis foundation patient registry: design and methods of a national observational disease registry.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016; 13: 1173-1179
- Data source: pediatric health information systems database.Children's Hospital Association, Lenexa, KS2022 (Available at)https://www.childrenshospitals.org/content/analytics/product-program/pediatric-health-information-system(Accessed 7 March)
- Linkage of the cystic fibrosis foundation patient registry with the pediatric health information system database.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2018; 54: 721-728
- Evaluation of hospitalization data for the CFFPR-PHIS linked data set.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020; 55: 30-32
- Failure to recover to baseline pulmonary function after cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbation.Am J Respi Crit Care Med. 2010; 182: 627-632
Sanford Guide. Antibacterial Spectra of Activity. Available at: https://www.sanfordguide.com/support/spectra/. Accessed 7 March 2022.
- Association between number of intravenous antipseudomonal antibiotics and clinical outcomes of pediatric cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbations.Clin Infect Dis. 2021; 73: 1589-1596
- Clinical outcomes of antipseudomonal versus other antibiotics among children with cystic fibrosis without Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2022; (Mar 15Online ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1513/AnnalsATS.202111-1294OC
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in cystic fibrosis: how should it be managed?.Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2017; 23: 544-550
- Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa co-infection is associated with cystic fibrosis-related diabetes and poor clinical outcomes.Eur J Clin Microbiol. 2016; 35: 947-953
- A longitudinal analysis of chronic MRSA and Pseudomonas aeruginosa co-infection in cystic fibrosis: a single-center study.J Cyst Fibros. 2016; 15: 256-350
- Association between Staphylococcus aureus alone or combined with Pseudomonas aeruginosa and the clinical condition of patients with cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2013; 12: 497-503
- Staphylococcus aureus in the airways of cystic fibrosis patients-A retrospective long-term study.Int J Med Microbiol. 2018; 308: 631-639
- Alternative approaches for confounding adjustment in observational studies using weighting based on the propensity score: a primer for practitioners.BMJ. 2019; 367: I5657
- Control of confounding in the analysis phase—an overview for clinicians.Clin Epidemiol. 2017; (0): 195-204
- Accuracy of administrative data for antimicrobial administration in hospitalized children.J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2018; 7: 261-263
- Lung function changes before and after pulmonary exacerbation antimicrobial treatment in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020; 55: 828-834
- Finding the relevance of antimicrobial stewardship for cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2020; 19: 511-520