Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cystic fibrosis.Lancet. 2016; 388 (Epub 2016 Apr 29. PMID:27140670): 2519-2531https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)00576-6
- Cystic fibrosis.N Engl J Med. 2005 May 12; 352 (PMID:15888700): 1992-2001https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra043184
- Genotype -phenotype correlations in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 1996; 22: 387-395
- Genotype-phenotype relationships in cystic fibrosis.Med Clin North Am. 2000; 84: 597-607
- Consensus on the use and interpretation of cystic fibrosis mutation analysis in clinical practice.J Cyst Fibros. 2008; 7: 179-196
- Progress in therapies for cystic fibrosis.Lancet Respir Med. 2016; 4: 662-674
- Defining the disease liability of variants in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene.Nat Genet. 2013 Oct1160; 45
- The relation between genotype and phenotype in cystic fibrosis–analysis of the most common mutation (delta F508).N Engl J Med. 1990 Nov 29; 323: 1517-1522
- Investigators of the ERCF. European Epidemiologic Registry of Cystic Fibrosis (ERCF): comparison of major disease manifestations between patients with different classes of mutations.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2001; 31: 1-12
- CFTR genotype as a predictor of prognosis in cystic fibrosis.Chest. 2006; 130: 1441-1447
- The relative frequency of CFTR mutation classes in European patients with cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2014; 13: 403-409
- Multi-ethnic reference values for spirometry for the 3-95-yr age range: the global lung function 2012 equations.Eur Respir J,. 2012; 40: 1324-1343
- Longitudinal evaluation of serum trypsinogen measurement in pancreatic-insufficient and pancreatic-sufficient patients with cystic fibrosis.J Pediatr. 1995; 127: 408-413
- A cystic fibrosis mutation associated with mild lung disease.N Engl J Med. 1995 Jul 13; 333: 95-99
- Mild cystic fibrosis and normal or borderline sweat test in patients with the 3849 + 10 kb C–>T mutation.Lancet. 1993 Jul 3; 342: 25-26
- Mutations in CFTR associated with mild-disease-form Cl- channels with altered pore properties.Nature. 1993 Mar 11; 362: 160-164
- CFTR expression and organ damage in cystic fibrosis.Ann Intern Med. 1995 Aug 15; 123: 305-308
- Heterogeneity in the severity of cystic fibrosis and the role of CFTR gene mutations.Hum Genet. 1994; 93: 364-368
- Tezacaftor-Ivacaftor in residual-function heterozygotes with cystic fibrosis.N Engl J Med. 2017 Nov 23; 377: 2024-2035
- Ivacaftor in People with Cystic Fibrosis and a 3849+10 kb C→T or D1152H Residual Function Mutation.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2021; 18: 433-441
- Efficacy and safety of ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis who have an Arg117His-CFTR mutation: a double-blind, randomised controlled trial.Lancet Respir Med. 2015; 3: 524-533
- The use of ivacaftor in CFTR mutations resulting in residual functioning protein.Respir Med Case Rep. 2016 Oct 18; 19: 193-195
- Ivacaftor improves lung disease in patients with advanced CF carrying CFTR mutations that confer residual function.Respir Med. 2020; 171106073
- VX12-770-113 Study Team. Ivacaftor in cystic fibrosis with residual function: lung function results from an N-of-1 study.J Cyst Fibros. 2020; 19: 91-98
ECFS Patient Registry Business Plan 2018-2020- ECFSPR_BusinessPlan_2018-2020_vs1.5_2018_0.
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
☆All authors made substantial contributions to the conception and design, to acquisition of data, or to the analysis and interpretation of data. The protocol was designed by MMZ, AO and EK. All authors were involved in analysis or interpretation of data. AO provided statistical analysis of the data. MMZ, the lead author, wrote the first draft of the report and all authors participated in subsequent revisions and approved the final version. EK, after consultation with all authors, made the decision to submit the report for publication. All authors vouch for the accuracy and completeness of the reported data and for the fidelity of the study, as reported, to the protocol.
People with CF carrying Residual Function mutations have a life-shortening disease with mortality starting at a relatively early age.
People with CF carrying Residual Function mutations can have sweat chloride levels below 40 mmol/L.
People with CF carrying Residual Function mutations lose pancreatic function with age.