- •Changes to bacterial communities in CF lung are often observed immediately after the initiation of antibiotic therapy for exacerbation.
- •Most of the observed change in bacterial community structure occurs during the first five days of antibiotic treatment.
- •Bacterial communities remain in a perturbed state through at least two weeks of antibiotic therapy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Measures of cystic fibrosis airway microbiota during periods of clinical stability.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2019; 16: 1534-1542
- Parallel analysis of cystic fibrosis sputum and saliva reveals overlapping communities and an opportunity for sample decontamination.mSystems. 2020; 5 (e00296-20)
- Effect of sample storage conditions on culture-independent bacterial community measures in cystic fibrosis sputum specimens.J Clin Microbiol. 2011; 49: 3717-3718
- Fecal microbiota transplantation eliminates Clostridium difficile in a murine model of relapsing disease.Infect Immun. 2015; 83: 3838-3846
- DADA2: high-resolution sample inference from Illumina amplicon data.Nat Methods. 2016; 13: 581-583
- QIIME allows analysis of high-throughput community sequencing data.Nat Methods. 2010; 7: 335-336
- Quantitative and qualitative β diversity measures lead to different insights into factors that structure microbial communities.Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007; 73: 1576-1585
- An ordination of the upland forest communities of southern Wisconsin.Ecol Monogr. 1957; 27: 326-349
- Cystic fibrosis lung microbiome: opportunities to reconsider management of airway infection.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2015; 50: S31-S38
- A randomized clinical trial of antimicrobial duration for cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbation treatment.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2021; 204: 1295-1305