- •CF providers often change antibiotics during pulmonary exacerbations.
- •Reasons for change vary but often include poor treatment response.
- •Changing antibiotics in poor responders does not affect lung function recovery.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Predictive 5-year survivorship model of cystic fibrosis.Am J Epidemiol. 2001; 153 ([Internet]Feb 15 [cited 2021 Aug 9]Available from: /pmc/articles/PMC2198936/): 345
- Effect of pulmonary exacerbations on long-term lung function decline in cystic fibrosis.Eur Respir J. 2012; 40: 61-66
- Impact of recent pulmonary exacerbations on quality of life in patients with cystic fibrosis.Chest. 2002; 121 ([Internet]Jan 1 [cited 2021 Aug 9]Available from): 64-72
- Failure to recover to baseline pulmonary function after cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010; 182: 627-632
- Chronic Stenotrophomonas maltophilia infection and exacerbation outcomes in cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2012; 11 ([Internet]Available from): 8-13https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2011.07.008
- Incidence and risk factors for pulmonary exacerbation treatment failures in patients with cystic fibrosis chronically infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Chest. 2012; 141 ([Internet]Available from): 485-493https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.11-0917
- Factors associated with response to treatment of pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis patients.J Cyst Fibros. 2015; 14 ([Internet]Nov 1 [cited 2021 Aug 9]Available from): 755-762
- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) and associated clinical outcomes in individuals with cystic fibrosis: a systematic review.J Cyst Fibros. 2019; 18: 236-243
- The use of antimicrobial susceptibility testing in pediatric cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbations.J Cyst Fibros. 2019; 18 (NovEpub 2019 May 28. PMID:31147301PMCID: PMC6881516): 851-856https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2019.05.012
- Guidelines for diagnosis of cystic fibrosis in newborns through older adults: cystic fibrosis foundation consensus report.J Pediatr. 2008; 153 ([Internet]Aug 1 [cited 2021 Aug 9]Available from): S4-14
- Multi-ethnic reference values for spirometry for the 3–95-yr age range: the global lung function 2012 equations.Eur Respir J. 2012; 40: 1324-1343
- Antibiotic allergy in cystic fibrosis.Thorax. 2005; 60: 517-520
- Prolongation of antibiotic treatment for cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbations.J Cyst Fibros. 2015; 14: 770-776
- Serial changes in pulmonary functions in children hospitalized with cystic fibrosis.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1982; 126: 31-36