- •CFTR modulating therapy improves exercise capacity in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- •Patients with moderate lung function impairments achieved the most extensive improvements.
- •Increased muscle strength and muscle power were observed after one year.
- •Exercise capacity is a feasible and relevant outcome measure evaluating CFTR modulating treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cystic fibrosis.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2519-2531
- Current and emerging comorbidities in cystic fibrosis.Presse Med. 46. 2017 (Pt 2e125-e38)
- Connection to the labour market prior and after lung transplantation in Danish CF patients.Cystisk Fibrose. 2008; : 28-29
- Nutritional assessment in adults with cystic fibrosis.Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif). 2019; 110518
- Physical activity is independently related to aerobic capacity in cystic fibrosis.Eur Respir J. 2006; 28: 734-739
- Infection, inflammation and exercise in cystic fibrosis.Respir Res. 2013; 14: 32
- Peak Oxygen Uptake and Mortality in Cystic Fibrosis: systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.Respir Care. 2019; 64: 91-98
- Lumacaftor-Ivacaftor in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis Homozygous for Phe508del CFTR.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 220-231
- Tezacaftor-Ivacaftor in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis Homozygous for Phe508del.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 2013-2023
Zolin A.O.A, Naerrlich L., Jung A., van Rens J. The ecfs patient registry annual data report 2018. https://www.ecfs.eu/projects/ecfs-patient-registry/annual-reports: European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS); 2020.
- Tezacaftor/Ivacaftor in Subjects with Cystic Fibrosis and F508del/F508del-CFTR or F508del/G551D-CFTR.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 197: 214-224
- Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 167: 211-277
- Statement on Exercise Testing in Cystic Fibrosis.Respiration. 2015; 90: 332-351
- Lumacaftor/Ivacaftor improves exercise tolerance in patients with Cystic Fibrosis and severe airflow obstruction.BMC Pulm Med. 2019; 19: 106
- Short-term effects of Lumacaftor/Ivacaftor (OrkambiTM) on exertional symptoms, exercise performance, and ventilatory responses in adults with cystic fibrosis.Respir Res. 2020; 21: 135
- Patients with cystic fibrosis and advanced lung disease benefit from lumacaftor/ivacaftor treatment.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2020; 55: 3364-3370
- VO(2max) as an exercise tolerance endpoint in people with cystic fibrosis: lessons from a lumacaftor/ivacaftor trial.J Cystic Fibrosis. 2021; 20: 499-505
- Effects of Lumacaftor/Ivacaftor on physical activity and exercise tolerance in three adults with cystic fibrosis.J Cystic Fibrosis. 2019; 18: 420-424
European Cystic Fibrosis Society Patient Registry [Internet]. European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS). 2021.
- Almudevar A. Peak oxygen uptake and mortality in children with cystic fibrosis.Thorax. 2005; 60: 50-54
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing Provides Additional Prognostic Information in Cystic Fibrosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019; 199: 987-995
- CFTR Genotype and Maximal Exercise Capacity in Cystic Fibrosis: a Cross-sectional Study.Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2018; 15: 209-216
- Determinants of exercise capacity in cystic fibrosis patients with mild-to-moderate lung disease.BMC Pulm Med. 2014; 14: 74
- Relationship between peripheral muscle strength, exercise capacity and body composition in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis.Physiother Theory Pract. 2021; : 1-8
- Energy Balance and Mechanisms of Weight Gain with Ivacaftor Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis Gating Mutations.J Pediatr. 2018; 201 (e4): 229-237
- Clinician’s Guide to cardiopulmonary exercise testing in adults: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2010; 122: 191-225