- •Exacerbation treatment outcomes for STOP2 subjects with P. aeruginosa were studied.
- •Outcomes were compared across number of antipseudomonal classes used.
- •Lung function and symptom changes and future exacerbation risks were compared.
- •Patients receiving one class fared no worse than those receiving two or more classes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Risk factors for rate of decline in forced expiratory volume in one second in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis.J Pediatr. 2007; 151 (Aug139.e1): 134-139
- Risk factors for rate of decline in FEV1 in adults with cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2012; 11 (Sep): 405-411
- Predictive 5-year survivorship model of cystic fibrosis.Am J Epidemiol. 2001; 153: 345-352
- Developing cystic fibrosis lung transplant referral criteria using predictors of 2-year mortality.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 166: 1550-1555
- Cystic fibrosis.Lancet. 2003; 361 (Feb 22Review): 681-689
- Clinical practice guidelines for cystic fibrosis.Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Bethesda, MD1997
- Cystic fibrosis pulmonary guidelines: treatment of pulmonary exacerbations.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180: 802-808
- Single versus combination intravenous anti-pseudomonal antibiotic therapy for people with cystic fibrosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; 12 (Dec 1)CD002007
- Single versus combination intravenous anti-pseudomonal antibiotic therapy for people with cystic fibrosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2021; 6 (Jun 23)CD002007
- Clinical and bacteriological responses to three antibiotic regimens for acute exacerbations of cystic fibrosis: ticarcillin-tobramycin, azlocillin-tobramycin, and azlocillin-placebo.J Infect Dis. 1983; 147 (Mar): 559-567
- Ceftazidime monotherapy vs. combined therapy in Pseudomonas pulmonary infections in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1987; 6 (Jul): 648-653
- Comparison of a beta-lactam alone versus beta-lactam and an aminoglycoside for pulmonary exacerbation in cystic fibrosis.J Pediatr. 1999; 134 (Apr): 413-421
- Efficacy of once-daily tobramycin monotherapy for acute pulmonary exacerbations of cystic fibrosis: a preliminary study.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2001; 31 (May): 367-376
- Evaluation of the E test for the assessment of synergy of antibiotic combinations against multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis patients.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2006; 25 (Jan): 25-30
- Combination antimicrobial susceptibility testing for acute exacerbations in chronic infection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 5 (May 15)CD006961
- Antibiotic synergy testing should not be routine for patients with cystic fibrosis who are infected with multiresistant bacterial organisms.Paediatr Respir Rev. 2007; 8 (Sep): 256-261
- Ototoxicity in cystic fibrosis patients receiving intravenous tobramycin for acute pulmonary exacerbation: ototoxicity following tobramycin treatment.J Cyst Fibros. 2021; 20 (Mar): 288-294
- Piperacillin-tazobactam versus cefepime incidence of acute kidney injury in combination with vancomycin and tobramycin in pediatric cystic fibrosis patients.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2017; 52 (Aug): 1000-1005
- A randomized trial of antimicrobial duration for cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbation treatment.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2021; (Sep 1Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34469706)https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.202102-0461OC
- IV-treated pulmonary exacerbations in the prior year: an important independent risk factor for future pulmonary exacerbation in cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2016; 15 (May): 372-379
- Recovery of lung function following a pulmonary exacerbation in patients with cystic fibrosis and the G551D-CFTR mutation treated with ivacaftor.J Cyst Fibros. 2018; 17: 83-88
- Association between number of intravenous antipseudomonal antibiotics and clinical outcomes of pediatric cystic fibrosis pulmonary exacerbations.Clin Infect Dis. 2021; 73 (Jun 8): 1589-1596https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciab525
- Beta lactam monotherapy versus beta lactam-aminoglycoside combination therapy for sepsis in immunocompetent patients: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trials.BMJ. 2004; 328 (Mar 20): 668
- Aminoglycoside-induced cochleotoxicity: a review.Front Cell Neurosci. 2017; 11 (Oct 9): 308