- •Colistimethate sodium dry powder for inhalation (CMS-DPI) and comparator cohorts generally had similar rates of adverse events.
- •This study supports the long-term safety profile of CMS-DPI in people with cystic fibrosis (CF).
- •UK CF Registry data are suitable for long-term drug safety studies.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Patient Registry. 2017 Annual Data Report. 2018. https://www.cff.org/Research/Researcher-Resources/Patient-Registry/2017-Patient-Registry-Annual-Data-Report.pdf. Accessed 2 February 2020.
- State of progress in treating cystic fibrosis respiratory disease.BMC Med. 2012; 10: 88https://doi.org/10.1186/1741-7015-10-88
- Cystic fibrosis pulmonary guidelines: treatment of pulmonary exacerbations.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180: 802-808https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200812-1845PP
- Treatment of lung infection in patients with cystic fibrosis: current and future strategies.J Cyst Fibros. 2012; 11: 461-479https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2012.10.004
Teva Pharmaceuticals Europe BV. Colobreathe: Summary of product characteristics. 2018. https://www.ema.europa.eu/documents/product-information/colobreathe-epar-product-information_en.pdf. Accessed 2 February 2020.
- Colistimethate sodium dry powder for inhalation: a review of its use in the treatment of chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in patients with cystic fibrosis.Drugs. 2014; 74: 377-387https://doi.org/10.1007/s40265-014-0181-0
- Inhaled therapy in cystic fibrosis: agents, devices and regimens.Breathe (Sheff). 2015; 11: 110-118https://doi.org/10.1183/20734735.021014
European Medicines Agency. Colistimethate sodium - assessment report. 2011. https://www.ema.europa.eu/documents/assessment-report/colobreathe-epar-public-assessment-report_en.pdf. Accessed 17 June 2019.
- Assessment of colistimethate sodium (Colobreathe) risk minimization measures implemented in the European Union: a cross‐sectional study.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2020; 29: 219-223https://doi.org/10.1002/pds.4940
European Medicine Agency (EMA). Patient registries. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/post-authorisation/patient-registries. Accessed 28 June 2020.
European Medicine Agency (EMA). Initiative for patient registries: strategy and pilot phase. 2015. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/other/initiative-patient-registries-strategy-pilot-phase_en.pdf. Accessed 28 June 2020.
- Data resource profile: the UK Cystic Fibrosis Registry.Int J Epidemiol. 2018; 47: 9-10ehttps://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyx196
UK Cystic Fibrosis Registry. Annual data report 2018. August 2019. https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk/~/media/documents/the-work-we-do/uk-cf-registry/2018-registry-annual-data-report.ashx?la=en. Accessed 20 January 2020.
- Use of a rare disease patient registry in long-term post-authorisation drug studies: a model for collaboration with industry.Lancet Respir Med. 2018; 6: 495-496https://doi.org/10.1016/s2213-2600(18)30192-9
- An introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivar Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424https://doi.org/10.1080/00273171.2011.568786
- Balance diagnostics for comparing the distribution of baseline covariates between treatment groups in propensity-score matched samples.Stat Med. 2009; 28: 3083-3107https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.3697
- ECFS best practice guidelines: the 2018 revision.J Cyst Fibros. 2018; 17: 153-178https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2018.02.006
- Continuous alternating inhaled antibiotics for chronic pseudomonal infection in cystic fibrosis.J Cyst Fibros. 2016; 15: 809-815https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2016.05.001
- Safety, efficacy and convenience of colistimethate sodium dry powder for inhalation (Colobreathe DPI) in patients with cystic fibrosis: a randomised study.Thorax. 2013; 68: 344-350https://doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2012-202059
- Safety, efficacy and convenience of tobramycin inhalation powder in cystic fibrosis patients: the EAGER trial.J Cyst Fibros. 2011; 10: 54-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2010.10.003
- P082 UK Cystic Fibrosis Registry data validation programme.J Cyst Fibros. 2019; 18: S80-SS1https://doi.org/10.1016/S1569-1993(19)30376-5
- Disease progression in patients with cystic fibrosis treated with ivacaftor: data from national US and UK registries.J Cyst Fibros. 2020; 19: 68-79https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcf.2019.05.015